Wednesday, 26 August 2009

First free day in ages.

Today was my first free day in ages with no plans - some time to myself and no one wanting me to do anything. - I worked out we have only had 1 free weekend since the beginning of June and for the last few weeks i have felt like i have come to visit my house. so a day free seems some what of a luxury to me. so what did I do.........

What would you do with a free day??

I can think of lots of lovely things to do - Coffee with friends, a nice lunch, a trip to the beech, maybe some shopping somewhere nice? But no.

I have spent 9 hours cleaning!

I friend asked if the queen was coming and I've had offers to come and clean at other peoples houses but i have had enough.

Over the last few weeks we have come and gone and dumped stuff and not had a chance to clean -up so i started and have cleaned nearly the whole house within an inch of its life.

the kitchen, dining room, lounge, bedroom, bathroom, halls (not the stairs cos i can't lift the hoover), changed the beds, done loads of washing, filled a few bin bags, put loads of clean washing away and unpacked several bags from many trips away - i hadn't unpacked form France, geraint hadn't finished unpacking from camp and we have loads of things around the house that we brought back from Kits ( my step grans) house.

i have a pile of things to return to people (I'm sorry we are so bad at that) and still piles of washing and all the paperwork to sort but i think i am done for the day.

My back really hurts and i have More than a few aching bones. so the rest will just have to wait till i don't know when!!

What have you done today?

No comments: