Fiona has been here for 2 nights. its been great to catch up and find out what has been going on with her and have a few laughs with a friend.
We were very indecisive and couldn't decide what to do with ourselves so ....
We went shopping (Fiona hates shopping but each time she is here we end up at merry hill!), had lunch and tea out (yummy Indian and thanks verity for the subway vouchers)
we watched a film - thanks to Geoff - he lent Fiona a film for every day of her holiday - it was just weird - not to be recommended at all - it was naff - it was about 2 magicians who fought and killed for a secret to how a trick was done and had a human replicating machine back in year dot - very strange and completely unbelievable.
but since watching it we have had huge conversations about if you had to choose 1 film to say it was your favouite and had to be watched by everyone? Geoff wants to make me watch the recent batman, Fiona's favourite films are terminator 2 and matrix and mine are August Rush, Pride and Prejudice and shawshank redemption although trying to make a short list was very hard - i got to about 10.
What would yours be?
3 comments:
do'you know the Griffin's think it's a fab film, the one about the magicians, mind you Ben is into tricks so that may have helped! We have just bought Get Smart(it was a series in the 70's I think for those of you old enough to remember!) We really enjoyed it!
I thought that magician one was fab as well :)
I really enjoyed 'The Prestige' (I'm guessing that was your magicians film) right up until the big reveal for the ending which I reckoned was something of a cheat.
As to a favourite film it would have to be Monty Pythons Life of Brian which is just the funniest film I've seen, although Anna would definitely disagree.
Post a Comment