Wednesday, 30 June 2010

My kind of Glamping

Recently one of my friends went glamping – it looked wonderful but we have had 2 great weekends on my kind of glamping…..

A few weeks ago we went to Machynlleth and spent our time in porthmadog and bala. We improvised with the bbq grill and had to buy a new gas distributor cos I left it at home and some of the camping stuff is in storage but still we had a great time.
This weekend we went to anglesey – one of my favourite places on earth.

We set up our tent – camping stove, chairs, tables and bbq

We had brought a new air bed as the last one went pop and we all snuggled in our tent under our sleeping bags.

We had glorious sunshine and went to the beech and walked and sat and chilled.

I read a book and lazed about.

We ate well – thanks geraint - despite me forgetting to take any saucepans but the local market came to our rescue! usually by candlelight

The dogs had a great time in the sea and we went for a bit more than a paddle when I wanted to walk round the end of some rocks – buddy had to be rescued form the deep water which was a bit deeper than I thought it would be although he is a very good swimmer.

I made a sandcastle and we are a little sunburnt

There were some amazing scenes

A pride and prejudice scene of mist and moon

Great big jelly fish bigger than you have ever seen

A thunder and lightening storm in the middle of the night and rain like you have never seen.

Great views and time together to relax and chill.

A great weekend.

1 comment:

allotmentbore said...

Sounds like a fab kind of glamping, Izzy x