We have had the most lovelyist holiday. We went to Bath. But I know I am becoming a northerner when I think of calling it 'bath' and not 'barth'.
I love bath not only cos I grew up there and my mum and some great friends live there but it is soooo beautiful and lovely to walk around.
I keep saying we had a quiet relaxing week but everyone I talk too and especially Geraint keeps saying how busy it was.
We left on Friday with a very full packed car, and were glad we weren't travelling north on the motorway cos that was blocked up.
Saturday we wandered into town and brought books (I read 2 in 1 week) and did bits that we and mum needed to do.
Sunday we went to Widcombe Church were I grew up as a Christian and got the warmest welcome ever - it was lovely to see people and have time to talk and catch up and not have to rush off cos we were having to travel home that day.
Monday we had a lovely day with Debbie, Huw, Ioan and Carys. We went to blaze castle and played pooh sticks, and walked and talked and played games.
Tuesday we were bath tourists for the day. We went to the Roman Baths - Did you know there were houses on the top of the baths and they had to knock them all down to excavate the site. I hadn't been since I was a kid and it was quite interesting. We got given this hand held audio things to tell us about it and you got 3 choices - Adult, Bill Bryson or Kids. - The kids was great fun and defiantly worth a listen, they had characters from the roman times telling you stories and interesting facts and a quiz to keep you entertained. The adult was ok but got a bit boring with too many facts and the bill Bryson commentary was alright if you like bill Bryson (Which I’m not really bothered by)
We also went on an open top bus tour which I have never done. We couldn't get on the first bus cos it had half a roof and someone was sat in the front seat. So we got on the 2nd, sat in the front row and ate our picnic with orange headphones on.
That night we went to Chiquito with Helen for tea and stuffed ourselves with fajitas and garlic bread. And then worked it off by going bowling and playing on the dance machine with Helen, Allie and Gareth. I get worse at bowling every time I play - we played 2 games and I scored 78 and 77. But I was defiantly best at the dance mat 9 but I guess I have an advantage having one at home! It was great to catch up with Allie and Helen for more than 5 minutes and see Allie very much in love with Gareth.
Wednesday we went to longleat and I held a Snake - how brave am I. We saw the parrots play and the giraffes and fed the dear, managed to get lost in the maze and found the middle by cheating. Geraint was a wimp and kept having to wind his car window up cos he was scared of the dear and I had to feed them his food. (Such hardship). We went on the boat and saw the sea lions and gorilla who likes to watch sky telly.
Thursday we had a lazy day - I met Jo 9 afried from school) for coffee and went to the best tea rooms in the world - Bridge tea rooms in Bradford on Avon - they make the best homemade cakes and scones and food ever. It was Yummy but you defiantly shouldn't go there if you are on a diet! We couldn't decide so Geraint had a cream tea and I had a toffee cake and we shared. I love having a husband cos then you get to share good things.
Friday we went to cheddar Gorge and saw some great caves. And then went out for a very expensive meal with mum.
Saturday was busy with doing jobs for mum - who is an absolute star for having us to stay and cooking us lovely food and making great picnics for us. I'm sorry we tired you out. You are a star.
We had a lovely week and looking at what I have written maybe I agree that we had a busy week.
Then we had to come home - which is also lovely -- it was great to see everyone at church yesterday and be back in our big bed not fighting over the duvet.
Sunday we had a visit from Alan at church - (from France) which was good - and it was great to hear from someone else that Ben and Liz and the kids are doing ok.
Unfortunately today it was back to work - I didn't mind it too much apart from it was hard to wake up and then the computers didn’t work and you couldn't achieve anything cos everything we do is on the computer.
But we had a lovely holiday and a great rest and I plough into the week ahead knowing I can look forward to our next holiday
1 comment:
good to have you back!
Post a Comment