Saturday, 10 October 2009

autumn days and moving mayhem update

We are now officially in my favourite time of year. I love autumn and its great this year. i wish i didn't have a lost camera so i could take loads of pictures but i can't.

Anyway the colours are beautiful and change every day, i get to kick and play in the leaves with the Dogs and they aren't too soggy yet. , Its chilly in the morning and we have given in and put the heating on for a few hours in the morning (only cos mum has been here - honest!) I get to wear my DM's and a cardigan or a jumper and its lovely to be cosy in the house and listen to the autumn rain but still have some dry spots occasionally. the nights are drawing in which is sad but there is an air of expectation as its only 4 weeks till firework night. Buddy is starting to have nightmares in an evening every time there is a bang but I love it - It seems so long in coming I'm eager with excitement and for the first time in 6 years we will not be on holiday for bonfire night! By then we will be in our new home but have grand plans to find the biggest bonfire night in Dudley.

Moving is still a little stressful. The house looks like a show home and has been clean with in an inch of its life and cleaned again just for good measure - i sat around last night not knowing what to do with myself or how to relax as there wasn't much to do. I'm not sure there isn't a cupboard or bit of floor that hasn't been touched and thanks o my mum working too hard and nearly killing her self (thanks mum) it looks fab. We are amidst estate agents and they are quite impressed with the house. We have started to pack boxes and are going to Dudley today to take the De-cluttering stuff there and decide what furniture we should take with us and what will fit where.

Work is very busy for both of us - we both have 4 days left and are excited at the possibility of finishing. I'm a bit stressed as my impossible task of getting everything done is nowhere near finished but my view now is that all they can be is happy because i have worked through my sick note for more than a few hours a day and cleared more than I ever thought I would do. My case load has reduced for 94 to 26 so far and there are some very happy people that things are sorted, some unhappy people cos they have been abandoned in their time of need but that was managements decision and not mine and I'm sorry for the people who are left hanging with no real support. there are a few things i want to do but won't have time to do and some stuff i must do and don't want to - so i have a busy 4 days ahead. I had an email at work from some of my staff saying that 'would i organise my own leaving party ' - and also asking me to choose my own leaving present - and they are most concerned about who is going to organise the Christmas meal ( this has been my job for 5 years) - I'm glad i will be missed for something!

No comments: