for the last 2 days i felt i have lived in my kitchen and enjoyed it lots.
I have made:
Carrot cake for cell out coming at Emma's request.
James Martin is a favourite chef of mine and his carrot cake is defiantly to die for.
The carrots on top went a bit wrong cos rather than opening a new packet of icing, i finished a packet of sugar paste (which doesn't like anything damp) and therefore cream cheese frosting made them melt.
and:
2 Christmas cakes
and:
more Christmas cakes
then:
millionaire shortbread
I use this recipe. but use icing sugar instead of normal sugar in the shortbread is it makes it a bit lighter.
and then:
Tiffin
8oz cooking chocolate - well roughly( I used half milk and half dark as the dark can make it too sharp)
8oz biscuits - meant to be rich tea but i use digestives or whatever is in the cupboard.
4oz butter
2 tbls golden syrup
2tbls sugar
4tsp cocoa
Handful of raisins
I also add some marshmallows, or instead of the biscuits use malteesers
, you can add cherries or anything else that you like mixed in with chocolate!
its so easy:
melt BUTTER,SUGAR,SYRUP AND COCOA in a pan.
Add RAISINS and anything else you are putting in
crush BISCUITS and add to the melted mixture.
Pour mixture into a Swiss roll size tin and press down.
Melt CHOCOLATE and pour over the mixture
pop into the fridge and leave to set (1hr)
Cut into about 20/24 pieces.
I still have a wedding cake to go this weekend but may leave it till tomorrow as i need to really clean the kitchen first and make sure there is not nuts anywhere as its going to be a nutless cake. i even have a recipe for nutless marzipan.
1 comment:
Hey Izzy. How completely fabulous and I could dive right in to your pictures, especially as I`ve just walked miles helping Isaac deliver leaflets, and have earnt my feet up in front of Strictly tonight, and one of your cakes too me thinks :)
Post a Comment