Life has been a weird few weeks. Its been very busy and full of different things.
Geraint went to camp for a week in Towyn with CCIW and had a great week even though it rained every day and everything that came home was soaking wet! He had is usual job of driving the poo bus and sorting out the toilets and doing general maintenance. but also managed to go mountain biking, go on high ropes, have trips to Bala and Barnmouth and everything else you do on camp, he was in a tent with all Christians and Ben as the other officer - They got on brilliantly as ever and had a great time.
while Geraint was on camp my mum came to stay and lent me her car for the week - it was great driving an automatic for the week, but when I got back in our car I forgot I had to use a clutch and kept stalling for the first few days - but I think I’ve got the hang of it now.
I worked for 2 days the week mum was here and then we had days out and spent time around the house. We went to Sandbach market and to Cheedle to Lakeland plastics and the big marks & Spencer’s and it were great to have time just the 2 of us.
While mum was here I took the opportunity to have help to sort out some cubby-holes which were hiding lots of treasures you forget about. We filled a few bin bags and I now have sorted cupboards rather than messes!! - What do you have in your cupboards?
We also had time for me to make some cushion covers to go in the top bedroom - it’s the same material as the headboards I made and the blind that was made for them. I'm not very good with a sewing machine - I was given my grandmothers when she died and its in a big cabinet and sits it the spare room getting dusty most of the time, but I got my pins and thread out and managed to make 2 great cushion covers. my only difficulty was that once you sew up each side and put the zip in you have to leave the zip open, otherwise you don't have a hole to turn it the right way round or to put the cushion in!!

The top bedroom is now finished and looks very posh!! so any visitors are welcome. - if you are passing or need a place to sleep for the night please come and see us, its great to catch up with people you don't see very often

Geraint got back from camp and slept for nearly 24 hours only getting up to eat.
last week we have both been back to work and it has been a busy one for me – I had to go to Court on Thursday and tell a District Judge that he got the Law wrong and had ordered something he shouldn't of. – This took a lot of planning and work to be ready to do this so I have worked 5 days this week and I am absolutely shattered. He didn’t make a decision and adjourned it to give him and the other parties’ time to look into it. But I was calm and composed, I thought about what I had to say before I answered questions and even questions I didn’t expect didn’t throw me which is great. I’m not good at thinking on my feet (I prefer to sit down!!) so I was really chuffed. – We just have to wait till the next hearing to find out how it went.
On Saturday We went to prestatyn in wales to the beech- it is one of the few beeches we know that you can take the dogs on during the summer. We love the beech and our new family member had to be introduced to the beech as soon as possible. We had a great day, Thimble loved it as ever and had huge open spaces to run and play,
Buddy loved it and got filthy,
I got soaking wet as usually and we made a sandcastle, which thimble promptly knocked over.
Work this week has been a bit more back to normal - It is nearing the end of holiday season and there have been more of us in to share the work which means i have done some of my own work for the first time in weeks!!
1 comment:
The cushion covers look fab!
And I`d rather not talk about my cupboards. I don`t get to see what`s in them as if I open a door everything will fall on me.
Post a Comment