Sunday, 13 December 2009

All I want for christmas

Christmas is well and truly under a way and I am glad that i am finally getting into the Christmas spirit.

I do the same every year - I have a mad panic and stress cos nothing is done - and this weekend has been no different - its usually cos I'm feeling ill or not got any time left - this year its cos I'm ill!

But we went to church this morning and the sermon was about Christmas being about Jesus.... all this commercial stuff is great but not about what its really all about.

Over 2000 years ago Jesus was born in a stable to Mary and Joseph took him as his son. He came to help us and save us, Christmas is not what we can get out of Christmas or what we need to do but all about Jesus - that he came and gave up so much for us and that we need to respond and be committed and give ourselves to him.

I know that whatever i need to do for Christmas (and actually its not that much) will get done and we will have a fab and fun Christmas as always - but more importantly i want this time to be about Jesus and how important he is too me. What about you?

No comments: