Monday, 23 June 2008

Insulin day 1

I did it - it was horrible and its a total palarva - but i managed to inject myself for the first time and now my insulin journey has begun. my leg hurt for hours after and I'm the biggest woos ever!! I had to have extra chocolate last night to convince myself that i wouldn't die in the night from a hypo (which really defeats the purpose of having the insulin but it was the only way to get me to do it and i promise not to tonight) . Geraint had to promise that i could Wake him up in the night if i was ill and had to stay a wake after i went to sleep for a bit just in case. But i survived - my sugars were still a bit high this morning (but i put that down to the chocolate) and at lunch time they were normal and I had no hypos. so all together day one was a success. Thanks for praying.

No comments: