Sunday, 27 July 2008

catch up

well i have had such a busy few weeks that i have not had time to blog or have been too shattered to make any sense. so now is catch up time.

At the weekend I went to Mum's - she is now 69 - happy birthday - I actually missed the day and I'm really really sorry - so a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me. but at the weekend I went to set up her birthday present - we all clubbed together as a family and mum helped too - we brought her a new computer - and she has now got broadband and a new e-mail address. I had to set it all up - so i arrived Friday night and set the computer up and then spent all day Saturday trying to make the broadband work - which wasn't as simple as it should be - I had to re-wire the phone lines and eventually gave up on it working properly but with a bit of help from Huw - thanks Huw - and a network cable it is now all working.

Talking of missing birthdays - We really are not doing very well in the last few weeks - It was also Huw, Debbie's and Marie's birthdays in the last week and we have missed the lot - I'm really sorry guys - Its just been a bit hectic - HAPPY BIRTHDAYS, I hope you had great days - we will catch up soon and celebrate then.

it been great over the last few weeks to be able to help some of the families in church by having the kids to give the parents some time away - . I had a day out with the griffins and have been at the savages as well, we had a great Sunday afternoon playing games and i had my first go on the trampoline. - What fun - i want one - but geraint says we don't have room in the yard. - oh well i will just have to spend more time at your house guys!! We had eggy bread for tea which was amazing - we should do this more often.

On Tuesday we had Joe and Katy for tea before small groups - we had sausages mash and spaghetti - Geraint had to make extra spaghetti as we only had 1 tin - a can of tomatoes and extra spaghetti - it was a bit weird but OK!!

Wednesday i had to work and went on a course about managing people - this is one part of my job that i have defiantly grown in over the last few years and defiantly not something that comes naturally - so the course was useful and gave me a few ideas of things to try.

Geraint has been ill so we had a quiet night in front of the TV on Wednesday - which was lovely - its always good to have a relaxing chilled night every once in a while!!

Thursday I worked long hours and had a huge nightmare with one of my cases , and had to go in on Friday t 7am to finish something before going away for the weekend - have to go to court on Monday - but hopefully it Will all be sorted now.

Thursday night was fab - we had an Abba night at Lol's - Thanks Lorraine - We had puddings galore - yummy yummy yummy - and it was great to catch up and have time to see loads of girlie's from church. We boogied away to Abba - and had a quiz - we all failed quite miserably at recognising the songs. but we had a good laugh anyway. Thanks Lol.

No comments: