Monday, 18 October 2010

1st day - i'm shatttered

I had a good first day at work.

I'm shatter4ed now and very grateful that Geraint left me my tea in the oven.

i got the train at 8am from cradley and only just got a parking space - i better not be late any day!

train was £5.60 - ouch.

Got there for 8.45 and was shown around by my supervisor (Kelly).  I have a desk and like every cab space is at a premium - you sit on the chair and don't move unless its absolutely necessary, otherwise someone borrows it.

Stationary is also at a premium and several people were envious when one of the admin people found me some paperclips and a highlighter pen - sticky notes are banned as they are too expensive!

i was dumped in the deep end as one girl left without much notice and they have had no one to do their work for several weeks - so after a quick read of the staff handbook and a few forms i have spent the rest of the sorting through files and trying to remember how to use a computer system that i last used in Cheshire a year ago.

the people seem OK - everyone is busy and I'm looking forward to a another new person starting in a few weeks so i can have someone to sit opposite. already booked my place on the Christmas do!!

happy tired - its good to be back in the CAB -  i won't be late to bed tonight!

2 comments:

Debbly said...

Have you looked into a season ticket for the train http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/s/seasonticket/calculator.

Pat said...

that's great news! I'm really pleased for you! God blessxx