Someone lent me a great book called 'If I were God, I'd end all pain' and its only little and defiantly worth a read. (I've read it several times to try and understand) It doesn't give you all the answers but points you to Christ as did the person who lent me this book.
but last night at prayer meeting someone prayed and it really hit home that God cares infinitely for us. He loves and cares for us in ways we cannot comprehend and although we don't have all the answers he does and He has the sovereign glory and we have to trust him
I still can't say i possess all the answers, we live in a sinful and fallen world but i do know that God does and He is all loving and is all powerful and knows our pain and one day we will be in glory with him and all the pain and hurt and evil will go and the lame will walk and the sick will be healed and evil will be no more.
The book concludes stating;
"I Cannot always follow the hands of the artist: some of his works just eludes me. But what the biblical account tells me - and in particular, the account of Christs passions - is that while i may not be able to trace the artists hand at all times, I can always trust his motives. the God who is in control of all thing, is also the god who willingly suffer. He is the one I can shout at, cry with and find comfort in. his heart, if not all his way, is clear to me because on the cross he wore it on his sleeve for all to see. This god is able to sympathise with those who suffer not simply because he is all knowing....but because he has experienced pain firsthand."
There are loads of things - china Burma, someone i know her little girl died at the weekend aged 8 and before I would have just cried helplessly but now I can cry with hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment